Wednesday, April 16, 2008

-Here we go

Just when I thought the political unrest in the country had come to an end, at least after the announcement of the new coalition government last night, today morning, a different light shone, I woke up to see very disturbing images on TV, the wife to the sects spiritual leader of the outlawed Mungiki sect Maina Njenga, was murdered. Protests arose today morning and massive security is evident as the police set up road blocks, 13 people have already been killed, several houses burnt, residents have been held up not able to leave for work, and it is not getting better yet. Police have been battling them since early morning.
The Mungiki are very, very powerful they will not let anything get on their way. it is a politico-religious group and a banned criminal organization. They have large numbers every time their name comes up, I get this sudden feeling of sadness I see death, I see pain, I lose hope, sadly, they are associated with my native tribe, of course not something I am proud off.
Last night it rained, it has been for the last few weeks, but when it does, the days normally follow with sunshine, but today its dull, grey, I can’t go to uni since means of transport have been paralysed, I sit here and wonder why we have to go through this. Why my country has to be the centre of attention for all the wrong reasons. I hope it gets better before the end of today, no more blood shed tomorrow, no more tears, no more death. I sit I hope, I pray..I long for peace.

No comments: